We hope you will join our organization and give back to the community in this remarkable way called therapy dog work. The requirements are few, but important.
- You must become a registered therapy dog team with either Intermountain Therapy Animals or Pet Partners
- Your dog must be in good health and current on all required health vaccines, tests, and examinations
- Your dog must be at least 18 months old, younger than 10 years old and lived with you for at least six months when you are evaluated and registered through Mutts on a Mission, Inc. and Intermountain Therapy Animals, our affiliate
- If you are currently registered with Pet Partners we ask that you complete our therapy dog workshop and provide your registration and rabies vaccination
- You must become a member of Mutts on a Mission, Inc. after becoming a registered therapy dog team and we will guide you through our on-line application at the appropriate time
- You should be willing to volunteer a minimum of two visits per month at one of our facilities
- You can contact us to learn about all of these details by emailing us at email@example.com.
Note: We do not accept service, assistance or emotional support dogs and their handlers to become therapy team members. We are committed to the wellbeing of both animals and people, and we feel that it is asking too much of any dog to subject them to all of these challenging jobs.
Not ready to apply yet but want more information? You can contact us here.