Is my dog ready to be a therapy dog?
- Do you have a special bond with your dog that everyone can see?
- Can you walk down the street without your dog pulling, jumping, or barking?
- Are you able to stop and talk to a stranger without your dog doing the above?
- Can you manage your dog in a crowd, even in unpredictable situations?
- Will your dog allow a stranger to touch, hug and brush them?
- Will your dog walk at your side in a crowded room?
- How would your dog react if you dropped an object on the floor?
- Will your dog sit, stay, come and stay in a down?
- Will your dog come when called?
- How does your dog react near large moveable objects it’s never seen?
- How would your dog react to anger and someone yelling?
- Can you place an object on the floor and tell him/her to leave it?
- Can you leave your dog with a stranger?
If you feel your dog is ready to be a therapy dog, click Joining Mutts on a Mission to join our team!